Dictionaries and references books
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/ is the recommended online dictionary.
Jargon or technical terms should be hyperlinked to an appropriate definition.
Useful reference works include:
- The Oxford Dictionary of English
- The Oxford Guide to Style
- The Oxford Dictionary of Earth Sciences
- The Oxford A to Z of Grammar and Punctuation
- Butcher’s Copy-editing (Cambridge)
- Fowler’s Modern English Usage
- The Guardian Book of English language
- Scientific Style and Format — CSE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers
Refer to Ordnance Survey data for spelling of place names including capitalisation.