The British Geological Survey (BGS) is a wholly owned Research Centre of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC). In entering our site you as a user ('you') are accepting our terms and conditions.
All information provided by BGS or NERC on its web pages is made available to provide immediate access for the convenience of interested persons.
While BGS or NERC believes the information to be reliable, human or mechanical error remains a possibility. Therefore, BGS or NERC does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the information.
Neither BGS or NERC nor any of the sources of the information shall be responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the use of or results obtained from the use of this information.
Information at this site is:
- general information provided as part of NERC's statutory role in publicising its activities and disseminating of information relating to its organisation
- subject to the usual uncertainties of research
- subject to change without notice
- not to be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something.
Links to and from this site are:
- not endorsed by BGS or NERC
- for convenience only and do not mean that BGS or NERC endorses or approves those other sites, their content or the people who run them
- for the Internet user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information found at sites linked from this website, rather than the responsibility of BGS or NERC.
Notice and take-down policy
If you are a copyright holder and are concerned that you have found material on our website belonging to you, for which you have not granted permission, or where permission is automatically granted by way of national/international law, please contact us in writing stating the following:
- your contact details
- the full bibliographic details of the material (where relevant)
- the exact and full url where you found the material
- proof that you are the rights holder and a statement confirming that you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative
Given proof of valid objection BGS will take down the relevant material from the website.