OR/15/001 Purpose of these articles
|Jordan, J J, Grebby, S, Dijkstra, T, Dashwood, C and Cigna, F. 2015. Risk information services for Disaster Risk Management (DRM) in the Caribbean. British Geological Survey Internal Report, OR/15/001.|
These articles specifies the EO information products/services delivered to the World Bank (primarily via the ITC-led CHARIM project) in the framework of the European Space Agency (ESA) 'eoworld 2' initiative. The products services were produced by the British Geological Survey (BGS) in the Caribbean using a combination of satellite EO data, ground validation exercises and pre-existing data.
These articles includes:
- detailed description of the products included within each of the three services;
- description of how the services were produced;
- guidelines on how to use the products.
A note on copyright: there are a significant number of figures containing satellite images within this report. Rather than identify the copyright holder for each image in each figure, the satellite image has been identified and the copyright attribution appears here:
Copyright notices for the satellite imagery used in the project are as follows:
- Products derived from Pleiades satellite imagery — includes material ©CNES 2014, Distribution Airbus DS/SPOT Image S.A. France, all rights reserved.
- Products derived from RapidEye satellite imagery — includes material ©2014 BlackBridge, all rights reserved.
- Products derived from ASTER satellite data — ASTER GDEM is a product of METI and NASA
- Products derived from SPOT satellite data — includes material ©CNES 2014, Distribution Astrium Services/SPOT Image S.A., France, all rights reserved