Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:20, 5 September 2013 by Dbk (Created page with "'''1. FIRST STEPS''' * Contact the wiki’s administrator (Debbie Rayner) to set a '''''user profile''''' appropriate to your needs. * Access your internet browser. '''''Fire...")
1. FIRST STEPS
- Contact the wiki’s administrator (Debbie Rayner) to set a user profile appropriate to your needs.
- Access your internet browser. Firefox or Chrome are recommended because they allow more editing tools to function.
- Access the GeoSource main page – nercbgskwxmediawiki/mediawiki.
- Log in using your regular BGS user name.
2. SET PREFERENCES BEFORE YOU GET STARTED – all new users, reviewers and editors need to set preferences correctly
- Click on My preferences'' then
- Select User profile'' –at the foot of the page complete the email confirmation
- Select Editing – tick Enable enhanced editing toolbar and Enable dialogues for inserting links, tables and more
- Select Recent changes, Advanced options – tick Group changes by page in recent changes and watchlist
- Select Gadgets – tick wikEd
- Select Edit review – check Use detailed boxes to show…., check Always show stable version…,
- Select Watchlist – tick Add pages I edit to my watchlist, tick Add pages I create to my watchlist, tick Add pages I review to my watchlist
- click Save
- Return to main page