Talk:M.S. Johnston album 1 - index, GA 'Carreck Archive'
Two volunteers are working on this volume
When you start a page please enter your name against a Page below. This indicates to your fellow volunteer that the page is being worked upon.
If you have any queries regarding the contents of the page, please add it to a line beneath the Page No below. We will check regularly for questions and attempt to answer.
When you finish a page completely - please type completed at the end of the line, again you can add a note also if you wish.
Transcribe the information for each item as it is in the album.
If you supply information that is not on the item please put it in square brackets.
if you can't decipher a word or phrase put in a question mark in square brackets e.g. [?]
At the end of the entry make a note of the type of material e.g. [Photograph], [Newspaper cutting], [Signature]. [Letter]
Record of page completion
Use this to comment on any issues relating to a page, problems deciphering hand writing etc. but also to sign off a completed page.
Page 1 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 2 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 3 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 4 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 5 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 6 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 7 - started - User:Jenbenmather completed
- No, full transcriptions of the letters are NOT required. Just sender, receiver, what about and date you could always
- regarding letter pages being on separate page images: put the details of page numbers:
- 19 August 1900 W Whitaker in Keswick to Miss Johnston [Letter] [Page 1]
- 19 August 1900 W Whitaker in Keswick to Miss Johnston [Letter] [Page 4]
- 19 August 1900 W Whitaker in Keswick to Miss Johnston [Letter] [Page 2-3]
- as to the occurrence of the photo - something like: W Whitaker [Photograph] [As page 7]
- No real hard and fast rules - just what is logical ...
- I think we can say its Whitaker rather than Whitaker (?)
- If there is anything that ties an item (e.g. letters) to a particular GA field trip - that will be important info as we will be having 'GA field trip Earthwise pages further down the line.
Page 8 - [jenbenmather] completed
Page 9 - [jenbenmather] completed
page 10 - [jenbenmather] started
Yours sincerely Alfred C Young ? [Signature] Check Obit list done
Yours truly H H Wincome ? [Signature] Check Obit list done
Believe me with regards Yours sincerely W ? Swinnell? [Signature] Could be WF Gwinnelldone
Kind regards from Yours sincerely Ethel J ? Skeat [Signature] Check Obit list not there but signature is very similar to Ethel G woods - same person, maiden name Obit in PGA
John T Kemp ? [Signature]Check Obit listdone
J T K ? [Signature] Check Obit list looking again, I think this is the same John T Kemp as above
Yrs very truly Henry Kidner ? [Signature] Check Obit list done
xxxxx? Yours faithfully W Henry Barnes [Signature]
in Sweden. Kindest regards from Yours very sincerely Ethel J / Woods [Signature] Check Obit list done
With kind regards Yrs faithfully F W Bennett ? [Signature] Check Obit list done
Page 11 - [jenbenmather] started
Some signatures are tricky - I have checked the Obit list Tried Lowe, Loewe Tried Head, Read, Slead Chas ? Pratt middle initial. The signature doesn't look much like the Charles Pratt American oilman