Talk:M.S. Johnston album 1 - index, GA 'Carreck Archive'
Two volunteers are working on this volume
When you start a page please enter your name against a Page below. This indicates to your fellow volunteer that the page is being worked upon.
If you have any queries regarding the contents of the page, please add it to a line beneath the Page No below. We will check regularly for questions and attempt to answer.
When you finish a page completely - please type completed at the end of the line, again you can add a note also if you wish.
Transcribe the information for each item as it is in the album.
If you supply information that is not on the item please put it in square brackets.
if you can't decipher a word or phrase put in a question mark in square brackets e.g. [?]
At the end of the entry make a note of the type of material e.g. [Photograph], [Newspaper cutting], [Signature]. [Letter]
Record of page completion
Use this to comment on any issues relating to a page, problems deciphering hand writing etc. but also to sign off a completed page.
Page 1 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 2 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 3 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 4 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 5 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 6 - started - User:Scotfot - completed
Page 7 - started - User:Jenbenmather
- No, full transcriptions of the letters are NOT required. Just sender, receiver, what about and date you could always
- regarding letter pages being on separate page images: put the details of page numbers:
- 19 August 1900 W Whitaker in Keswick to Miss Johnston [Letter] [Page 1]
- 19 August 1900 W Whitaker in Keswick to Miss Johnston [Letter] [Page 4]
- 19 August 1900 W Whitaker in Keswick to Miss Johnston [Letter] [Page 2-3]
- as to the occurrence of the photo - something like: W Whitaker [Photograph] [As page 7]
- No real hard and fast rules - just what is logical ...
- I think we can say its Whitaker rather than Whitaker (?)
- If there is anything that ties an item (e.g. letters) to a particular GA field trip - that will be important info as we will be having 'GA field trip Earthwise pages further down the line.
Page 8 - [jenbenmather] completed Page 9 - [jenbenmather] completed
page 10 - [jenbenmather] started